Fall Asleep Faster and Sleep Better with Natural Sleep Solutions
Falling and staying asleep is a problem for millions of Canadians. Insomnia robs 10 percent of the population of fitful rest. Another 30-40 percent of people complain of sleep troubles.
Do you have trouble sleeping?
It is common to seek over-the-counter sleep aids or prescription drugs when zzz’s are hard to catch. These, however, only serve as quick fixes to a bigger problem and offer no promise of long-term success. Not to mention, waking up groggy and being muddle-minded the next day are side effects no one can afford.
Natural alternatives offer full proof sleep solutions. In time, these approaches will encourage your body to fall asleep fast and sleep better than with harmful, nightly aids.
Sleep Patterns and Preferences
Sleep patterns and preferences are different for every person. It is important to find what works best for you and keep a schedule that caters to this winning combination. If you have a sleep regimen that works wonders, it may benefit others too. Consider sharing your tips in the reply section at the end of the post.
5 Natural Sleep Solutions
1. Healthy bedtime snack- Food can play a role in how well you sleep. Studies show that eating a snack consisting of protein and carbohydrates may help induce sleepiness. Some tasty suggestions include a banana and peanut butter, or whole wheat crackers with cheese.
2. Lavender oil- Used for aromatherapy this essential oil has calming properties that can help you relax and fall asleep naturally.
3. Create routine- Getting your body use to routine can improve your sleep quality. When planning a schedule, be sure to include morning exercise and a set bedtime. It is also best to wake up at the same time every day. Adjusting to a new pattern may be a struggle, but before long, your internal system will catch onto the regular cycle.
4. Cool, Dark Bedroom- Make sure your bedroom is completely dark and cool during hours you reserve for sleep. This may easily fix any discomfort that keeps you awake. Preparing a cool, dark environment will help your body realize it is time for sleep.
5. Get comfortable- Buying sleep items like pillows, sheets, and a mattress can seem expensive. Instead, try looking at it like this: over one-third of your life is spent in bed. Invest in products that are comfortable, supportive, and non-irritable in any way.
If sleep troubles persist after trying many natural sleep solutions for some time, make an appointment with your physician. If you or someone you know struggles with falling or staying asleep at night, a medical professional may offer remedies not found over-the-counter.
Sleep is vital to the human operating system. Overall health depends on getting fitful rest every night. After all, this time allows the body to rejuvenate and repair itself. Give yourself the gift of sleep by creating internal order and a peaceful environment.